Following a consultation, Wrinkle reducing injections (Botox®) can be prescribed to temporarily relax the facial muscles in order to smooth out wrinkles and lines. The injections block the nerve impulses to the muscles so they relax, stopping them contracting. This causes lines and wrinkles to soften too. The areas that are most commonly treated are:
- Frown lines
- Worry lines
- Horizontal forehead lines
- Crow’s feet
- Bunny lines
- Lip lines and Gummy smiles
- Lower face to improve jaw line and neck
Your treatment will generally take under 30 minutes, and you can usually get back to everyday life straight away:
- Don’t forget that you’ll need ‘top ups’ roughly every four months if you want to maintain the smoother look.
- Wrinkle reducing injections work best on fine lines and wrinkles. If yours are quite deep, dermal fillers might be more effective.
As Botox® is a prescription only medicine, we’ll also need to go through your medical history to be sure it’s suitable for you.