What procedures does the clinic offer?
We offer a range of minor soft tissue surgical procedures performed under local anaesthesia.
The following are examples:
- In growing toe nail
- Infected in growing toe nail
- Removal of nails that are deformed or painful
- Removal of nails following trauma
- Dry needling verruca
- Removal of foreign bodies in the foot
- Debridement and enucleation of painful corns
- Debridement and enucleation of neurovascular corns
- Correction for painful involuted nails
- Removal of fungal nails.
What happens during my Initial Assessment?
You will be seen by a Specialist Podiatrist who will discuss your previous medical history and any prescription medication that you are taking. They will do some basic checks on blood and nerve supply to your feet. During the consultation the Podiatrist will discuss your problem with you as well as examine and diagnose the issue.
If minor surgery is recommended the procedure will be fully explained to you and you will have an opportunity to ask any questions.
Having a minor procedure at the Clinic is no different to having a minor procedure in hospital. We will carry out a pre-surgical Assessment and complete the relevant Consent forms. In addition, we can supply analgesia and antibiotics if required.