(for osteoarthritis in foot, ankle or knee)
What is Ostenil?
Ostenil injections contain Hyaluronic Acid which is found within synovial fluid of joints. Synovial fluid helps lubricate joints and Hyaluronic Acid helps the synovial fluid perform the following key functions:
- It protects against wear and tear of cartilage
- It acts as a shock absorber for cartilage between the bones within the joint
- It provides a lubricating effect within the joint
- Improves range of motion, mobility and function
What are the benefits of this treatment?
The benefits of this advanced treatment option are:
- Reduction in pain and inflammation
- Improved function and mobility of the joint
- Restoration of Hyaluronic Acid to more normal levels
- Reduces the wear and tear on the joint
- Return to normal levels of activity
- May eliminate the need for more aggressive treatments, such as long-term medication or surgery
- Last longer than other treatment options
This treatment option would be suitable for patients who were unable to have a PRP or Steroid injection.