Combined PRP & Ostenil
(for osteoarthritis of the foot, ankle or knee)
What is Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) & Ostenil?
There is now considerable medical evidence to suggest that combined PRP and Ostenil injections are far more effective at reducing the symptoms of osteoarthritis than corticosteroid, PRP or Ostenil delivered as a single treatment option. This advanced combination treatment can reduce pain better, improve function and also last much longer.
Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) is an advanced regenerative medical treatment which utilises your own blood plasma. Plasma contains a high concentration of platelets. Platelets contain cytokines (the body’s natural chemical messengers) and numerous natural growth factors which stimulate the body’s natural healing processes. PRP utilises the body’s natural healing processes to regenerate and repair, bone, tendon, muscle, ligament, cartilage and other soft tissue conditions. PRP therapy can be used as a non-surgical treatment for osteoarthritis, for example; in the knee.
Ostenil injections contain Hyaluronic Acid which is found within synovial fluid of joints. Synovial fluid helps lubricate joints and Hyaluronic Acid helps the synovial fluid perform the following key functions:
- It protects against wear and tear of cartilage
- It acts as a shock absorber for cartilage between the bones within the joint
- It provides a lubricating effect within the joint
- Improves range of motion, mobility and function
What are the benefits of this treatment?
The benefits of this advanced treatment option are:
- Reduction in pain and inflammation
- Improved function and mobility of the joint
- Restoration of Hyaluronic Acid to more normal levels
- Reduces the wear and tear on the joint
- Return to normal levels of activity
- May eliminate the need for more aggressive treatments, such as long-term medication or surgery
- Last longer than other treatment options
We are able to offer this ground breaking combination option at the clinic.