The Clinic is able to offer Therapeutic Ultrasound and Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation (TENS) treatment. These specialist treatments are provided as a combination therapy.
Ultrasound (high frequency sound waves) is widely used in medicine for the following conditions:
- Ligament sprains
- Muscle strains
- Achilles Tendonitis (and other tendon problems)
- Inflammation and tissue damage associated with Osteo and Rheumatoid arthritis
- Plantar fasciitis
- Capsulitis (Joint capsule pain and inflammation)
- Bursitis (A bursa is a fluid-filled sac which forms under the skin, usually over the joints, and acts as a cushion between the tendons and bones)
- Wound healing
- Fracture repair
There are four main clinical benefits to Ultrasound treatment:
- Decrease in pain from the reduction of inflammation
- Speeding up of the healing process from increased blood flow to the affected area
- Generation of heat to increase extensibility of soft tissue
- Stimulate the production of collagen which is the main protein component in soft tissues
Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation (TENS)
TENS is a treatment method targeted at pain relief for both acute and chronic conditions. It is a safe and effective method which produces electrical impulses which can block pain signals going to the spinal cord and brain and stimulate the production of endorphins, which are the body’s natural pain killers.
It can be used for a spectrum of medical conditions, but most commonly for those set out in the Ultrasound section above.
Please contact the Clinic to book an Initial Assessment.