Many patients develop symptoms in relation to their feet, ankles, knees, legs, hips and lower back. Often this can be associated with the way the lower limb is aligned and functions. Misalignment can result in pain as well as the development of other medical conditions such as muscle, tendon, cartilage, nerve problems and in some cases the development of osteoarthritis.
The most common orthopaedic conditions, which present in Podiatric Medicine are:
- Flat feet
- High arches
- Plantar fasciitis
- Muscle, tendon and ligament problems
- Nerve compressions
- Excess range of motion or instability in specific joints
Your assessment is very thorough and will include :
- Discussion regarding Previous Medical History and current Medications
- Detailed history of presenting problem including clinical examination
- Tests to ensure the Vascular and Neurological status of the lower limb is normal
- A comprehensive range of Orthopaedic tests carried out with you led down, sat up and standing
- Gait analysis
By the end of the assessment our Specialist will discuss the findings in depth, provide a diagnosis and formulate a treatments plan. We are a specialist clinic and are able to offer Diagnostic Ultrasound Scans, Bespoke Insoles, Therapeutic Ultrasound and TENS treatments and Injection Therapies including Steroid and Platelet Rich Plasma.
Please contact the clinic if you would like to book an assessment.